Football Ice cream:
Supplies/Ingredients needed: (One of these makes enough for 2 large servings)
- Quart size Ziploc bag
- Gallon size Ziploc bag
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- optional - fruit, chocolate syrup, cookies, etc.
- 1/4 cup rock salt
- Pour whip cream, half & half, sugar, vanilla, and optional add ins into the quart size bag. Seal, making sure to get all the air out of the bag.
- Place that bag into the gallon size bag. Put ice and rock salt into the larger bag and around the smaller bag. Seal, making sure to get all the air out of the bag.
- Wrap the bag tightly in 6 layers of newspaper and secure with tape, making a tight newspaper ball.
- Throw back and forth or shake for 20 minutes. Try not to drop it or the bags might break open. A little water leakage towards the end is normal...just keep going.
- Unwrap the bags. When opening, be careful not to get the salt inside the ice cream bag. I wiped the bag off with a damp cloth before opening it. The ice cream turned out a lot better than I thought it would. It was just downright delicious!
Have fun and enjoy!