- to be a little more self-reliant
- to have a living and growing science experiment in our backyard
- to teach my kids to work
- to have fresh, healthy veggies throughout the summer
- to be able to can salsa from the tomatoes and peppers
- to have something to share with my great neighbors
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Remember our garden boxes that we built last summer? Well, they are now all planted with tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, peas, green beans, raspberries, cucumbers, pumpkins, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, and some marigolds scattered in there to supposedly keep the bugs out.