Here is what you need:
- 12 cups Borax
- improves cleaning power of detergent
- helps remove tough stains
- natural alternative to colorsafe bleach
- deodorizes and freshens
- naturally softens hard water
- 8 cups baking soda
- 8 cups washing soda
- gets out ground-in dirt and stains and cuts through greasy soils
- neutralizes and eliminates odors
- 4 bars of Ivory bar soap grated (I just used a cheese grater)
- 2 bars of Fels-Naptha laundry bar soap grated (found on laundry isle)
- stain remover
- Optional - Add about 20 drops of essential oil made specifically for soap to make the detergent to make it smell good.
Use 2 Tbsp of powder per full load....that's it!
This has been working great for me. My whites still come out a little dingy so I add 1/4 scoop of Oxyclean to those loads. I still hate laundry but this makes it a little more tolerable!